Sunday, January 20, 2008

Livin' it up, Dave Field style

Well, it's a big weekend here in the Dave Field household. We have two VERY big birthdays this weekend. Actually, one of them is a biggie, the other's not quite as exciting. Dave turned 52 on Saturday, and I hit the big 5-0 tomorrow. As you can imagine, we've been celebrating in high style. Per Dave's request, here's where we went out to dinner on Friday night.



Yep, you read it right - it's Mike's First Prize (and World Famous, I might add) Frankfurters in downtown Schenectady, NY. I'm sure you can imagine the ambiance of such a place. Actually, we just stopped at Mike's on the way home from the Stake YMYW Volleyball tournament. We're doing the real celebrating tomorrow night at a much higher-class establishment.

We loved getting birthday calls from all the kids - it's always a treat to talk to you all! We also got a lovely e-card from Matt and Amy that I thought you might enjoy. I don't know how long it will be available, but hopefully you'll check the blog in time to catch it - it's a real treat! We have some very talented children!

http://www.jibjab.com/sendables/view/icgVEP8wuio6rjKOTc6bNvEk

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, First Prize Mike's! Classy! That e-card was fabulous, by the way. I especially liked it because I think that's how Matt would have actually looked and danced if he had done it himself and not just put his head on a dancing mariachi guy. (PS, I have no idea how to spell mariachi. I could look it up. Eh.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMmmmmmmm...Miiiiikeee'ssss...feeeeeddd meeee Miiiikkkeeee'ssss....

    (That's the food poisoning speaking, it has taken over)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom. Make a new post. For goodness sakes.

    ReplyDelete