Friday, October 12, 2007

Fun at the local Price Chopper

Oooooh! Look at my cute Halloween blog! Thanks Bekah, it's adorable! I, of course, don't know how to do a single thing on my blog other than type words. For everything else, I have to get Rebekah's assistance. But that's okay - that's probably the highlight of her day (as you can tell from her latest post!)

I really don't have anything exciting to report, but I will tell you a funny thing that happened the other day. I was at Price Chopper doing some grocery shopping, and I rounded the corner and practically ran into the funniest thing I have ever seen in a grocery store: There was a little old lady (I'm guessing around 70), short and kind of hunched over. She was shuffling along pushing a grocery cart, and (here's the funny part)... she was wearing a blue troll doll wig. Do any of you know what troll dolls are (or were?). They had this stiff, colored hair that stuck straight up. Well, that's what this little old lady was wearing on her head. I wished I'd had my camera with me, because it was hilarious. The funniest part was that she didn't look like she was doing it as a joke - she was all kind of grumpy and cranky looking, and oblivious to the stares from fellow shoppers. I can only hope to be able to have that kind of fun when I'm 70!

2 comments:

  1. Do you still have that crazy curly gray wig? Maybe, as you get a little older, you could start dying that and wear it! I think it would look really fetching on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have some troll dolls, so I, at least, know exactly what you mean.

    ReplyDelete