Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Things to see before leaving the East coast

We have lived on the east coast for a total of 21 years (man, I was practically a baby when we first came!) It looks like after all those years, our days back east are numbered. There are a lot of things on the east coast that I would really like to see and do before we leave (some of them we've already seen, but they're worth seeing again!) because who knows how much we'll get back out here once we make the trek west? So here's a list of the top ten places I want to visit before we leave.

1. Nantucket and/or Martha's Vineyard (I've heard that fall is the perfect time).
2. Historic sites in Boston.
3. The White House (an official tour this time) and other sites around DC.
4. The Washington DC Temple (for old time's sake).
5. Niagra Falls and the Niagra Parks Botanical gardens.
6. Lots of cute little Vermont villages.
7. The Keene, New Hampshire Pumpkin Festival (and other important historic sites around Keene, such as the birthplace of Jacob Allred Field).
8 Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's home).
9. Prince Edward Island (once again!).
10.The coast of Maine.

Now we just have to find enough unencumbered weekends to do some of this stuff. That'll be the trick!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Sounds fun! I want to do those things too! Fly me out, I'll come along and keep you company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say we place a bet to see how many of those things we actually see. I don't have much faith in our vacationing skills, Mom. Sorry! I bet a batch of Outstanding Oreo Cookies we see 2 of those places. Do we have a deal? Anyone else can to join in my wager?

    ReplyDelete