Saturday, December 5, 2009

Santa Train


Today I took Preston and Abby on the Santa Train (aka the Heber Valley Railroad). They both liked seeing the cows, sheep, and horses out the window of the train.

They were also very excited whenever the train blew its whistle.

Neither one of them seemed to be thrilled with Santa himself though. Preston started crying when Santa leaned over to talk to him, and after Santa had passed us and gone on to the other children, Abby said "Santa is not very nice." When I asked her what she meant, she said "He didn't bring me any presents. He was supposed to bring me a kitchen."

So I guess Santa was a failure.

But they both loved the candy canes.










6 comments:

  1. That is such a funny story! And really cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! "Santa is not very nice," that's so funny. I wouldn't mind if Santa brought me a kitchen, either. I guess if you think about it, he is kind of a scary dude . . . he has weird clothes, and weird hair, and a huge beard, and talks and laughs really loud and gets right in your face and acts all chummy. I would probably be freaked out, too. Looks like fun! Good pictures. I'm glad you explained that they got candy canes; in that first picture, I thought maybe Abby had punched Preston in the mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby had so much fun. It did take us about an hour to get her to talk to us about it. The whole way home Rob kept asking her about it and she just looked at him with no expression on her face.
    Earlier in the week I took her to the Mall to see Santa and she wouldn't even go near him. I tried three times. Finally I just gave up.
    Matt and Amy met us at the Mall to bring Abby to us after the train ride and I guess she started crying as soon as the entered the Mall. She didn't want to see Santa. She had enough of Santa I guess. Poor Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sorry logged in to the wrong user. That was Mindy that posted the last comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute grandkids, but you already knew that. And what a fun grandma!

    ReplyDelete