Friday, September 28, 2007

How to distill the excitement of our lives down to just a few paragraphs??.....

Okay, Rachel says it's time for a new post because the last one was boring. SO, this one will be so much more exciting since so many more things are happening now....

Let's see...I'm still working in YW's and liking it (I give my thanks every day that I don't have Rachel's calling!) Dad and I recently went on the stake youth temple trip to Boston and had the pleasure of riding on a school bus for 6 hours. That's when you know you have a testimony! (Why else would you squish your abnormally long legs into seats meant for 8 year olds for 3 hours at a pop?) But the temple experience was really nice, and it was fun to share it with Dave and Bekah. I'm trying to plug forward with my classes. Unlike Rachel, I did not get all my learning taken care of while I was at BYU. Believe me - I wish I had! The assignments are challenging because they require DRAWING. Yes, it's true. I'm supposed to DRAW. Any of my children who grew up being entertained by my stick-figure masterpieces knows that this is quite a stretch for me. And unlike Mindy, I don't seem to be improving much! Dad's finally going skeet shooting tomorrow. He hasn't been for a very long time, so hopefully that'll be fun for him. He's going with our duplex neighbor. (Our neighbors are a cute young couple with an adorable little one-year old name Andreas.) Also tomorrow we're going to go apple picking. The leaves are turning, and it's starting to look really pretty back here. Yay for fall in New York!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! New post! I'm sorry your life is so boring. You must be unspeakably jealous of me, since mine is so exciting ;-) And I'm glad to hear your testimony is thriving--I can't even imagine those legs on a school bus when you were a child, much less now!

    ReplyDelete